Monday, April 27, 2009

More of Wendy's studio space ... out on the deck







More of Wendy van der Drift's studio space ... out on the deck

I had a clunker moment ... sitting there in the dark corner of my internal studio space with lights precariously
positioned to create the best shadows and sphere, and went out to my kitchen area which is on the deck,
and realised how beautiful the natural light was out there. Fruit was dancing in shadows and light,
gentle reflections on stainless steel bench tops of reds and greens and yellows and dirt colors.
So without hesitation I gathered up my gear, brushes, pallette, paint, easels, canvases, turps the
list goes on, and repositioned myself onto the deck. Halellujah, I have found the light.

Then it got cold, dark and windy, and I came back inside. But I will not give up,
I will venture out as often as possible to that dear lighted area. Some photos of my new space.

No comments: